Skip to content
- Technology Transfer Associate
- Technical Services Associate
- There are 3 core responsibilities
- New Product Launch related
- Technology Transfer
- In House Technical Support
New Product Launch responsibilities
- Communicate and work with different but related departments to ensure documents and process are ready and on time
- Troubleshoot manufacturing process if needed and provide immediate solution
- Evaluate manufacturing process and develop a scale up plan and present it to the management. Make engineering/ trial batches to confirm the scale up plan will work and make changes if needed.
- Writing reports of the trial/engineering batch results and presenting to the upper level management and the team.
- Compare and analyze the results from the scale up and the R&D development batch
Technology Transfer responsibilities
- Technology transfer (transferring product manufacturing to a different location/ company): Dealing with 3rd party manufacturers.
- When transferring technology to a 3rd party, summarize the process in presentation or report and identify critical parameters and process needed. Communicate with the 3rd party frequently. Review 3rd party documents to ensure our procedures are followed.
- When transferring technology from a 3rd party, evaluate the manufacturing process, ensure we have the technology and capability to make the 3rd party product and decide whether we could transfer the product manufacturing to our site.
In-house Process Support responsibilities
- Support the internal manufacturing operations
- Product fail investigations by gathering of data, analyzing data, statistical analysis of the data, writing up investigation report, implementing corrective actions and presenting it
- Interacting with quality, regulatory, operations and validation teams to implement the corrective action
- Support new equipment qualification
- Work with validation team to execute the qualification protocol and write up training plan and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for operator training
Must Have Skill Sets
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) & presentation skills
- Detail oriented and analytical skills
- Microsoft Office: word, excel, power point and MS Project
- MS Project is optional but good to know to set your self apart from other candidates
- Adaptable, team player, ability to influence, ability to manage multiple projects and people at once.
- Able to follow up with multiple departments and do upward management (by sharing data and keeping people informed
- Statistics software skills: Minitable, JMP, Microsoft Excel (student t test, control charts, capability analysis) (optional but competitive advantage)
Type of companies that hire
- Regulatory Agencies (Health Canada)
- Contract Labs
- Cannabis Industry
- Food Industry
- Cosmetic companies